The customer wanted one universal (iPhone/iPad) application which can scan QR and linear barcodes on different products and get up-to-date technical information. The application was required to have a convenient interface as well as the ability to download documentation in PDF, HTML, JPEG formats and store it on the device.
The most complex issue was to implement a barcode scanner that can recognize DataMatrix, QR, and EAN13 barcodes. Additionally, the scanner had to be based on free APIs only.
Our developers spent much time finding a free solution, but no public scanner could decode all these types of barcodes. The iOS team combined two absolutely different APIs into one which has no analogs.
The developed application provides the following functionality:
- Barcode recognition
- Asynchronous file downloading
- Storing files in a database
- PDF and HTML viewing
The application consists of the following sections:
- Main menu with top news (provides the ability to choose the type of scanner)
- History view (displays the last scanned MLFBs)
- Favorites view (displays projects and devices marked as favorite)
- Download view (shows downloading progress)
- PDF view