Requirements: The customer wanted one universal (iPhone/iPad) application which can scan QR and linear barcodes on different products and get up-to-date technical information. The application was required to have a convenient interface as well as the ability to download documentation in PDF, HTML, JPEG formats and store it on the device.
Challenge: The most complex issue was to implement barcode scanner which can recognize DataMatrix, QR and EAN13 barcodes. Additionally, the scanner had to be based on free APIs only.
Solution: Our developers spent much time to find a free solution, but no public scanner could decode all these types of barcodes. The iOS team combined two absolutely different APIs into one which has no analogs.
Results: The developed application provides the following functionality:
- Barcode recognition
- Asynchronous file downloading
- Storing files in a database
- PDF and HTML viewing
The application consists of the following sections:
- Main menu with top news (provides the ability to choose the type of scanner)
- History view (displays the last scanned MLFBs)
- Favorites view (displays projects and devices marked as favorite)
- Download view (shows downloading progress)
- PDF view