Type: Mobile development.
Requirements: The customer wanted the Elinext team to develop a Real Estate Data Management tool consisting of two elements: a website and a mobile application. The mobile application had to read a QR code and load the appropriate information from the site.
Challenge: The main challenge for our developers was to ensure maximum access to the data on the website from a mobile gadget. They faced the following difficulties:
- What should be encoded in the QR code
- How to implement access to the data on a website if a person has not yet installed the mobile application
- How to get a quick and full access to the data using the mobile application
Solution: The development team suggested encoding in the QR code only the individual number of the property listing. The rest information is loaded from the site what made the whole process much faster. To enable users get access to the site, regardless of the needed mobile application availability, the developers decided to use zXing – a barcode scanner that is natively included on most mobile phones. After a person makes a picture of a QR code, zXing scans it and redirects to the website where a person is to download our application.
Results: The Real Estate Data Management tool is now in development. It will consist of two high-quality complementary elements:
Web portal that will includethe following features:
- Personal registration for realtors and other users
- Upload user details
- Ability to link to FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- eCommerce store front
- QR code generator
- Print PDF label of QR code box for advertising sign
Mobile Application for iPhone OS and Adroid OS with the following features:
- QR code reading
- Display of relevant information: images (2-3 per property listing), contact Information, saved addresses, homes for sale, property listings
- Dial-to/sms contact realtor feature from inside app
- QR code generator
- Dashboard interface that enables users to upload, format, and target, push-out and share videos of properties