Requirements: The customer wanted two iPad applications (Day Nurseries & Care Homes) which can provide information about all day nurseries, nursery schools, care homes, hospitals and associations in the United Kingdom.
Challenge: The most complex issue was to implement the loading of request results asynchronously when the user modifies the filter.
Solution: To solve this problem, our programmer created a class that sends a request to a new thread for every unique string written by the user.
Results: The customer got two iPad applications with the following functionality:
- Synchronization with the server to get up-to-date information
- Parsing data from JSON files
- Saving entries to the internal memory
- Displaying locations of day nurseries and nursery schools on the map
- Displaying last opened entries