The customer wanted two iPad applications (Day Nurseries & Care Homes) which can provide information about all day nurseries, nursery schools, care homes, hospitals and associations in the United Kingdom.
The most complex issue was to implement the loading of request results asynchronously when the user modifies the filter.
To solve this problem, our programmer created a class that sends a request to a new thread for every unique string written by the user.
The customer got two iPad applications with the following functionality:
- Synchronization with the server to get up-to-date information
- Parsing data from JSON files
- Saving entries to the internal memory
- Displaying locations of day nurseries and nursery schools on the map
- Displaying last opened entries