As far back as fifteen years ago a mobile phone was a luxury. Not every person could afford it such an expensive gadget. Today there are few people who don’t use mobile devices. Moreover, they became inalienable companions in our everyday life. Naturally enough, such mobility influences business significantly.
Mobile devices today solve a range of problems. An employee does not have to be in the office constantly to receive tasks and reports on their implementation anymore. He can get and send all the necessary information with the help of his smartphone or tablet. Thus, mobile devices help to increase productivity, streamline workflow, letting workers stay connected to the business and work on the go.
No sphere is immune from the influence of mobile devices. Among them are:
– financial services;
– brokerage services;
– information services;
– health care.
Although the employees in these industries are traditionally mobile, expansion of handheld devices not only reduces their extra frictions but also brings unique functionality into the business. For instance, m-commerce is widely used in these spheres. It suggests mobile payments, news delivery, mobile advertising and mobile ticketing.
There are areas where you won’t expect mobile technologies to reshape business environment: manufacturing, education, farming. Nevertheless, they didn’t stay on the sidelines. For example, nowadays farmers sometimes use mobile applications to enquire about the livestock management or to check crop development. Education industry is also undergoing transformation.
Some educational establishments have already started replacing printed textbooks with tablets in order to save money. Besides, a lot of teachers take advantage by using mobile technologies. They show the students videos or animated demonstrations which makes the learning process more efficient and amusing.
If one wishes to concentrate on emerging opportunities, he will have to be able to adapt in a rapidly shifting app market. To do that, he can find a lot of mobile app predictions for 2015 on the Internet. Here are the top 6:
1. By 2017 IT companies will allot not less than 25% of their software budget to mobile developments. Although some people doubt that the game is worth the candle, you have to realize that both B2C and B2B organizations will benefit from it.
Applications in business to business companies can fulfill the following functions:
– automation of business processes;
– increase of the accuracy of the interaction within the company;
– improvement of interaction, fast feedback from clients;
– cost savings.
When it comes to B2C organizations, the advantages are as follow:
– increase of the loyalty of existing customers;
– second sale;
– increase of the average ticket and the frequency of purchases;
– new sales channel.
2. Applications will get targeted rather than multipurpose. The approach “The more features in the device – the better” doesn’t work anymore. Nowadays specific apps are believed to be more valuable.
3. Applications will become more disposable. Experts state that there will develop a tendency towards a short shelf life of an application. That will enable an app to stay current all the time.
4. Applications will be used more as a tool for marketing purposes. Business owners will soon be able to target consumers based on their location, interest, and other. Such features as photo sharing, push notifications, messaging and other will build customer engagement and thus promote the business.
5. Mobile app vs. mobile website debate will come to an end. Until recently marketers have had debates over one and the same thing: which of two – a mobile website or a mobile app – is more important for marketing. Now they agree that both are crucial for the loyalty of customers and their retention.
6. Contradictory concepts in mobile UI and UX trends will provide the users of mobile apps for multiple platforms with enjoyable experience. These conflicting styles are flat design and skeuomorphism. Combining minimalism of flat design with the intuitivity of skeuomorph may seem risky but you are likely to be satisfied with the results in the end.
The whole world continues to switch from PC to mobile step by step. This results in businesses trying to alter their own thinking. These changes take place inside the organization as well as in the way businesses reach out to customers. In 2015 the shift toward a more mobile workforce is expected, which will give the employees the freedom to work from any place.
Elinext Group mobile application projects:
Industries and Technology Areas:
Technology Areas: mobile application development, software development, custom software development, iOS, Android