Pervasive computing encourages today’s financial services companies to run their business virtually and attain their “digital” customers in an ongoing way anytime and anywhere. Without a doubt, a genuine competitive financial institution should strive to provide mobility solutions for its customers. Using wireless Internet access and mobile collaboration, pathfinders of the finance industry boost their clients’ loyalty and satisfaction, enlarge the customer base attracting new clients and enhance their revenue.
Tomorrowâ€™s leading financial institutions will become those that are able to go with the innovative stream of the modern tech-savvy world. According to the results of the research “Consumers and mobile financial services”, prepared by the Federal Reserve Boardâ€™s Division of Consumer and Community Affairs (DCCA), the ubiquity of mobile phones is changing the way consumers access financial services:
- 21% of mobile phone owners have used mobile banking in the past 12 months;
- 11% of those not currently using mobile banking are supposed to use it within the next 12 months;
- 90% of mobile banking users check account balances or recent transactions;
- 42% of mobile banking users transfer money between accounts.
It is obvious that portable devices have become part and parcel of modern life for most people in the 21st century. The fast-paced technological development of mobile services illustrates the imminence that changes the way consumers accomplish financial transactions. That’s why present-day software development companies are ready to provide financial service businesses as well as their customers with a great variety of mobile and software solutions to facilitate their capacity for adjustments and competition. Here are easy-to-implement five ways of boosting mobile performance:
1. Consumer and Enterprise Application Development: software development companies that specialize in mobile app development are eager to offer a comprehensive range of multi-platform solutions and enterprise application services for your business. Applications built for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Supply Chain Management (SCM), and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) are conducive to the improvement of operational efficiency.
2. Mobile Commerce: the diffusion of mobile applications that are becoming accessible from Internet-enabled smartphones for buying and selling goods or services facilitates the purchasing process. In order to capture market share and improve their business performance, a great majority of contemporary enterprises are mapping their initiatives to mobile solutions.
3. Mobile Banking: thanks to the proliferation of mobile technologies, modern consumers expect to get available financial services at their fingertips. With the help of mobile banking applications, a company will be able to provide access to debit/credit or charge card details, account balance, and monthly budget.
4. Mobile Payments: today’s consumers can use their portable devices for a wide range of mobile payments as an alternative to cash, checks, or credit cards. NFC (near field communication) and mobile money solutions are viable tools for customers to pay for goods and services on their mobile devices. At the same time, mobile payment services help businesses enhance profitability maximizing revenue, and deliver an excellent customer experience.
5. Mobile Remittance: innovative distribution channel for mobile money transfers brings new clients, income streams, increasing overall ARPU, and reducing operational costs of your business. Having implemented mobile remittance solutions, senders and receivers are connected to a single platform and free to conduct any financial transactions and wire transfers.
It won’t take long before mobile services become a standard necessity of our daily life. Mobile solutions and financial services mobile apps are the driving force for businesses that want to take the leading part in their market segment. It can be named an extension and branding tool for any business that allows maintaining a direct one-click relationship with a customer base. At the same time, mobile users gain the advantage of the tech revolution and modify their portable devices into micro banks with the help of financial services mobile apps.
Industries and Technology Areas:
Industries: financial services, banking, retail, e-commerce, m-commerce
Technology Areas: mobile application development, software development, m-commerce, iOS, iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone