Benefits of Mobile Apps for Hotels
Well-established hotel brands clearly depict that it’s insufficient for such industry as hospitality to enhance only service quality. It’s vitally important to show authentic care for your clients and predict a priori their demands in order to obtain success.
While being on the go modern travelers use their mobile devices to get hotel info right on their smartphones. Moreover, the leading hotels propose their visitors possibility to contact customer service, check-in to guest rooms, change reservations or obtain GPS mapping while they are still in motion. It’s not by accident:
Figure 1: Predictions about the usage of mobile phones in future
Sources: IDC, Gartner, PhoCusWright, Google
This is amply sufficient to show that mobile travelers use their portable devices for travel planning and hotel research particularly in the situation of last minute or impulsive bookings. So it’s wise to provide a mobile solution for your hotel visitors in this tech-savvy world. Mobile applications can become a real benefit that will help hoteliers improve guest satisfaction, increase revenues and lower operating costs offering travel consumers powerful hotel search tools. Mobile applications can be indeed a unique partner that will help go ahead thanks to positive service experience of your customers. So let’s have a look at what a mobile application for hospitality is:
1. It’s an opportunity for hotels to reach their clients and receive more guests and business travelers by simplifying traveling all over the world
2. It’s the ability to create a trust-based relations with your customers that helps meet your mobile guests’ requirements. By downloading your app customers let you know they are interested in your service.
3. It’s an additional resource to generate income and raise brand awareness allowing your potential clients to place the icon with your brand on their mobile screen.
4. It’s an attribute that can improve customer service and establish competitive advantage giving to your business a marketplace differentiation of a progressive travel supplier.
5. It’s an information source that supplies your visitors with the latest travel news and useful information.
6. It’s a new channel that allows hotels to communicate in a perfect way with their target audience before, during and after their lodging.
7. It’s an additional marketing tool that allows to examine new marketing techniques targeting your focus group.
The beneficial contribution of hotel applications for on-the-go mobile users is obvious. They can make spa reservations and add-ons, use mobile coupons, search for local restaurants and attractions, make some purchases with the help of m-commerce solutions or be aware of special events at your hotel. So, once you decide to develop a mobile application for your hotel, be sure from among approximately equal accommodation terms a modern customer will rely on a technically equipped hotel.
Industries and Technology Areas:
Industries: hospitality, tourism, traveling
Technology Areas: mobile application development, iOS, iPhone, iPad, Android, tablet, BlackBerry, Windows Phone