Since m-commerce app downloads are constantly growing, the way mobile app development works is rapidly changing in order to keep pace with the demand. Today, iOS app development as well as Android app development companies offer mobile applications as new ways of handling and interacting with information. Taking into consideration the number of released mobile commerce apps, user engagement and retention is becoming very crucial for making mcommerce apps popular and gaining profits. Here we’re highlighting surprising, unexpected and, to some extent, provoking marketing campaigns to engage user to invest into your mobile commerce apps.
1. Let’s begin with time-honored proven marketing strategies. Discounts, loyalty programs and special offers. Who isnâ€™t looking for a good deal? Mobile commerce apps engage users providing in-store coupons and offers one can redeem through m-commerce apps. Famous brands rely on these tools, as usual: through a new app McD, McDonald’s customers get digital coupons, which they can then redeem at participating stores. H&M has similarly incorporated an in-app rewards scheme, allowing users to earn points. These examples are a drop in the ocean of companies taking advantage of m-Commerce.
2. As we have put it, mobile app development seems to become more and more inventive. Mobile commerce apps appeal to human competitive natures. Wouldnэt it be interesting to beat the score of your friends? Why not use m-commerce apps if others are saving money due to a mobile commerce app? There are coupon aggregator m-Commerce apps that reward users with badges or coupons to reach certain levels of success and even savings. Mobile commerce apps offer scoreboards, leaderboards for those whom rewards make feel good, impact inspirational on them and urge to action. On the other hand, mobile app developers are psychologists, to some extent. Assuming that coupons, scores can irritate some people, mcommerce apps still leave you an option to keep purchases a deal between you and a cashier.
3. Cross-channel app promotion. In order to provide a bigger social following for an app, mobile app developers connect their apps with social networks. There is no need to explain what influence they have in the society. For example, one famous m-commerce app has publicized a Facebook contest to win a certain amount of points for a purchase. It is a good example how to increase loyalty to mobile commerce apps. Facebook is not only a good source of traffic: some companies sell directly on a Facebook or through a Facebook store.
4. Mobile commerce apps profit from location-enabled offers. It means that users get not just some special offerings but exact points towards deals across a number of shops. In other words, while browsing product, m-commerce app users receive points that can be used for purchases in a particular brand shop.
5. Perfecting old good marketing discount-coupon tricks, some m-commerce apps drive flattering personalized offers. For example, push messages are based on the user’s past behavior in an app as well as on the userâ€™s preferences they have shown in their browsing and buying history.
6. Sending timely notes, reviews, details, relevant information, tips and recommendations. Mobile commerce apps tend to solve an age-old enigma: how to buy the right thing? There are lots of products and there is no one-fits-all one. Mobile app development companies take advantage of it. Inventive m-commerce apps aim to solve the everlasting conundrum what thing to buy and hit the bull’s eyes. Mobile commerce app capabilities include notes, reviews, tips and a lot of useful details relevant for a product. For example, one wine retailer uses Wine PhD m-commerce app to skyrocket their sales. This very mobile commerce app introduces wine collections with appropriate recipes for them, e.g. for barbeque pairing. The app also sends timely calendar-related messages to users. What is the secret of user engagement here? The mobile commerce app manages to act like a partner or a friend providing unique discovery experience for a user who won’t be confused by lots of product offers but find the right one.
7. In order to cover more users with a variety of preferences, mobile app development offer m-Commerce apps that run on different channels. Each user can benefit from in-app, or in-store, or online app capabilities. The choice of a channel is up to the user.
8. Here we’ve got something special. One will never know whether the following story was a human error or a deliberate action. Simon Circles gaming app case is an example how surprise and provocation can draw users’ attention and boost adoption rate. The message users of the game app received was an apology for a developer of the app who sent push notifications to players to beat his high score. This memorable story can be used as a tip for mobile app development to work it into a mobile commerce app development plan.
9. Interactivity and easy import, or how user-friendly apps accelerate user acquisition. Some mobile apps (for example, those providing social information for users, like ancestry information, etc.) include social-network-related capabilities. To be more precise, users can incorporate their relatives or like-minded people from social networks into a platform they build (e.g., a family tree). The peculiarity of such apps is about enabling users to make something big on a platform that is physically small. Impossible is nothing, is it?
10. Push notifications. In iOS 8, Apple has given special attention to interactive push notifications as a tactics to drive up mobile app engagement and expects them to increase app engagement by a huge margin. There has been a report that push notifications enable 88% more app launches. Besides, push notifications increase mobile app retention as users need to be sent push notifications in a timely manner to keep them loyal to the app.
11. Cross channel user identification. While searching a product, users switch between mobile websites and mcommerce apps. Imagine, that a user look at a product on a website and buy it using a mobile commerce app. Cross channel user identification helps track all these switches and reach out users both on apps and websites with personalized offers and ads.
12. Barcode scanning. Customers can scan any product in store and check available sizes, etc. using a mobile app, through which they can make a purchase and be engaged with a brand. This marketing strategy also reiterates the importance of providing users with a cross channel experience.
Summing it all up, shocking, potentially unexpected ideas or old proven tactics â€“ there are many options to stay apart from the crowd and boost sales. Mobile app development is inventive enough to find your edge that will work for you!
Elinext Group m-Commerce projects:
Industries and Technology Areas
Technology Areas: mobile application development, mobile m-Commerce app development