Elinext team worked on the management console for the system that ensures IT integrity management across different devices within the enterprise, starting from servers, network devices, and databases to desktops and mobile devices.
The business challenge for the customer was to achieve IT maturity without substantial investments in the workforce. The system should allow users to do the following:
- manage objects, users, devices, policies, deviations, and reports;
- verify devices remotely with precise identification;
- validate that all devices match the security standards, controlled by OVAL and Joval technologies.
We developed a classical client-server app which consisted of:
- One server.
- Thick Client for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, Server; Linux – CentOS, Ubuntu; MAC OS.
- Thin Client in the form of a management console which opens in a browser page and sends requests to the server.
The whole IT integrity management system can identify software elements on network devices by capturing signatures for every critical element. The user can monitor all the devices on the enterprise network and manage each device they want using management console. The solution is compliant to OVAL standards to ensure immediate detection and reporting of vulnerable systems.
- added the support of PostgreSQL;
- replaced ovaldi OVAL interpreter for JOVAL to ensure better coverage;
- added MQTT-protocol on top of SSH-connect for better IP identification;
- configured MQTT using Apache Camel.
The company has got the continuously compliant system for network integrity check which allowed to track the devices in real time and detect problems as soon as they arise and follow them up with simple and powerful reporting. As a result, this helped to reduce risk within IT infrastructure for an affordable price.